Standing in my toybox =)

Standing in my toybox =)

Saturday, July 9, 2011

1st blockage

well we went camping over the july 4th was very hot but vince tolerated it very well..we had no concerns..until we got home monday night and he had thrown up (a ton) and so we chose not to tell the dr since it only happened once and he had no sign of infection (cough,fever,ect.) well tuesday comes and he puked again right after dinner..again we weren't gonna tell the dr for one more day..until he threw up for no reason about 30 minutes later..both times were alot and that 2nd time he was dry heaving and holding his throat as if he were was scary! so right away i emailed the dr (much faster response than calling) and the dr thought since vince had no other symptoms other than very blood shot eyes that he probably had a small sun i accepted that he'd be fine in a day or 2..i knew he was in the sun alot..well then on wednesday he didnt poop and also puked but not as much..then thursday no poop and i emailed the dr before the weekend came..and even though he wasnt pooping and he was puking he had no hard stomach like it should be during the dr said to take him to the CF e.r or locally..we chose locally and i said his symptoms and the dr even knew what CF was!!!!! i felt a bit better at that point..and so he orders an xray and says that vince had a blockage right at the end that was there to come out but couldnt..and that his intestines and stomach was filled with soft he said he would try an enema and if that didnt work he was gonna really have to torture vince..and on that im not going in to detail..its hard just thinking about! so anyway the enema helped but that was scary as well..vince got a good amount out the 1st time but then while trying to go more (in a 2nd diaper) he zoned out and had poor balance and was was terrible..sam and i were both scared!!! so the dr let us go home since vince got 1 good diaper and 1 small diaper's worth out in like 15 minutes..he said continue miralax and the rest should work its way out..well its 3pm here and vince has yet to go and is 100% cranky and lazy..i bought he pediatric enema to try tomorrow..but otherwise we will be heading back to the ER atleast for an updated xray..this is his 1st blockage! and when we got home last night (well at the resturaunt) he sucked down a pop...i allowed it as a was mine so it was diet so no sugar...but he enjoyed that..then we got home and he ate a good amount and took 4oz of boost..and wanted more but began gagging...

No comments:

Post a Comment